Re: ECM for 4cyl &Altitude (was 747 & 4cyls)

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000 12:00:47 -0400, "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp@bright.net>
wrote:

>Gimme a wrench anytime.  Typing / spelling / grammar not my strong points
>(talk about obvious)

I'm with you, gimme a wench anytime. :)

>Even as robust as GM makes things, I'd still carry one aloft a few times jus
>to make sure things are as they should be.  I mean develope a system and
>then find out the main sensor dies after 10 hours flight time, would not
>make my day.  It probably will be fine, just worth trying thou.

Well, we WOULD be carrying a spare MAP sensor, methinks. Even tho
readily available at parts stores, still a small item in the baggage.
Probly end up as a "blankie" just to keep you comfy, but call me
paranoid, I'd probly also carry a spare crank sensor along too. If you
limit yourself to small items, you can't get TOO carried away.
Hopefully. Heh.

>> See, even in XA, the options run the gamut. Life is complicated,
>> id'nit?
>
>Can get overly so if ya let it

What you're seeing is the fact that behind a few of us on the DIY
lists, there are a bunch more guys back at the XA list homebase,
watching with rapt attention (yeah, sure :) to see how this works out,
and so you have to try to be more general about the range of
variations different guys will want to use. Of course, if we go crazy
and try to explore EVERY possible variation, we'll never get off the
ground, both figuratively and literally. Point taken.

But appreciate the help sorting things out. There's even one of our
guys who wants to use the Merc ecm because it's small and looks real
robust, since they're mounted directly on the engine. I keep tryna
tell them they each need to come over here and start muckin with the
particulars, but some are shy, I guess. :)  They'll let Andy & Gar
come over, make fools of themselves and run the guantlet, and then
drop in later when the smoke has cleared. Fine.

Ya know what they say, fools rush in where angels fear to tread. Spose
intrepid's just another way to spell foolhardy. Oh well, if you can't
refuse a good experiment, you might as well turn the compulsion into
something productive.

Gar