Re: Tuning in Open Loop for Newby

The open loop AFR correction vs. MAP and AFR correction vs. coolant temp
tables are only used in open-loop (no O2 sensor feedback). These 'corrections'
are used until the engine and O2 warm up enough to go closed loop.

Once in closed-loop, the desired afr is set to 14.7 (this is used in the bpw
calc).

If starting to tune in open-loop (no O2), then set the afr vs. map table to the
14.7 value. You can then look at the O2 sensor and make the gross adjustments
required. Once close, go to closed-loop (O2 feedback), set the blm min/max
to 128, and use the int to tune.

Open-loop tuning is only needed when you are starting with an engine that
is radically different from anything gm has produced. I've used it on
occasion in a couple of areas of the ve table.

BobR.