pfi & 747's

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the '747 for a port
injected engine. Edelbrock sells a pfi conversion kit to
convert '747 powered trucks over to port.

In the tables they change the injector constant to 112, and
the pump shot stuff to smaller values. The most interesting is
that they leave the injector bias, min bpw, max bpw and the
'switch to async' mode pulse widths the same.

The key is to find out if they are using saturated or p&h
injectors. Anybody know about this? Other thing in their
favor is that these trucks are not revving too high. Although
they add fuel fuel right up to the end of the ve table.

I'd bet they are using p&h injetors. As the pfi p&h's are
twice the impedence as the tbi p&h's, you could drive
four from one driver, in a parallel/series configuration.

BobR.

p.s. still working on an iac writeup, I'm knee-deep in school
work, bit more off than I could chew. . . or is that grabbing
a hot iron by the end opposite the handle <g>

(Three more Months!)