Re: pfi & 747's

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000 18:16:31 -0400, rr <RRauscher@nni.com> wrote:

>I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the '747 for a port
>injected engine. Edelbrock sells a pfi conversion kit to
>convert '747 powered trucks over to port.
>
>In the tables they change the injector constant to 112, and
>the pump shot stuff to smaller values. The most interesting is
>that they leave the injector bias, min bpw, max bpw and the
>'switch to async' mode pulse widths the same.

OK, great Bob; thanks, that's useful input. I'm not really too worried
about injector timing changes going from TBI/P&H to PI & even SATs. So
it's not been dismissed yet. Main requirements are MAP, 4-cyl, DIS. I
think we can deal with the inj timing tweeks if needed. Would have
been nice to have ready outta box: 4-cyl S-D w/DIS and batch-fired PI
using SATs AND fully hac'd, but hey, ya cain't always get what ya
want... We be close enough, methinks.

Gar