Re: Tuning in Open Loop for Newby

RRauscher@nni.com writes:

<< Once close, go to closed-loop (O2 feedback), set the blm min/max
 to 128, and use the int to tune.

Ahh, now I understand. Leave closed loop enable temp alone and restrict BLM
movement to zero. Then use integrator fluctuation to see how far off mixture
is from 14.7. Probably a dumb question but does the integrator itself affect
the injector pulsewidth or does the BLM only affect pulsewidth or both?

I would guess that the short amount of time that the engine runs in open loop
makes tuning in that area a non-issue except for drastic engine mods where
tuning is required to get it to run period?

One more question. Will the heater in a heated O2 sensor keep it at operating
temp without the engine running?  If you needed to tune in open loop with a
cold engine or warm engine, could you preheat the O2 sensor and begin tuning
right away with a hot O2 sensor as an aid?