Re: ECM for 4cyl &Altitude (was 747 & 4cyls)

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:26:43 -0400, Shannen Durphey
<shannen@grolen.com> wrote:

>> ... there's even one of our
>> guys who wants to use the Merc ecm because it's small and looks real
>> robust, since they're mounted directly on the engine.

>Is this Mercury automobile, or Mercury Marine?  6 and 8 cyl pfi/tbi
>Mercury marine ecm is mfg. by Delphi, uses Delhpi harness and
>connectors, but is part of a very different world than the automotive
>ecm.  Info which I have indicates that the code is in the ROM, and
>that the only thing that can be changed is calibration data, which is
>contained in EEPROM.  Now as to what the calibration data is....  I'm
>still looking.  Along with programming info and tools.  Yes, you've
>got a 4 cyl, but the same ECM may be used on 2.5l efi Mercruiser
>engines.

Merc Marine; the guy just liked the looks of them, don't think he
knows much more than that now. I just used it as an example of the
diversity of interest even in XA. But if the code is in ROM, well then
PHHOOEEY.

Gar