Re: Last injector question... probably

At 11:58 AM 8/24/2000, you wrote:
As per following info, should I look for 24s or 30s.  I think 24s might
do the job, but 30s definately will.  But, for a daily driver, will the
30s be open enough at idle and light cruise?

How modified is this engine???
My 97 Explorer occasionally see's 5500 RPM with it's 5.0 and the 19 Lb'rs are keeping up nicely... It has headers and 3" exhaust, and weighs in at 4400 LBS without my 285 pound fat rear in the seat... O2 volts at WOT and high RPM never seem to go below 910mV even at the top of 2nd gear (My 3.73 rear gears are nice, but I want 4.10's...)

> > Sorry, should've been more specific.  Daily driver Vette with
> worked
> > heads and intake with exhaust to come when money tree grows,
> automatic,
> > 3.07 gear, can take revs, but cam should peak at 5000 or 5500,
> about
> > 3400# with driver, just a fun daily driver to play with.  Slight
> > possibility of a supercharger in the distant future, but chances
> are
> > it'll be N/A for a long while.
>
> > I think I know why the revving car with a manual would want 30's,
> but why
> > would the drag car want 24's?
>
> Just the way the engine works against the converter.
> The converter can supply a mechanical leverage as high as 2:1.  So
> the
> engine can pull thur the slippage easier then the instant lock of a
> manual
> at gear change.

As for the following, the cheapest I can find GN injectors is $50 a set
on Turbo Trader.  Is there someplace else I should look?  I'd like
reletively well balanced injectors to go with the well balanced/matched
motor, so I would definately spend the money to have used injectors
cleaned, resto'd, and balanced.  Would I need to do that to the new
Ford's also?  Are the GN's disc or needle?

As always, thanks for the help and good advice.