Re: 4 Cylinder DIS?

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> As far a 808s,
> the 6 cylinder shows a DIS using a Bosch DIS Module as I recall.

The V6 uses a GM DIS module, and the V8 uses a Bosch ignition
module with reluctor pickup distributor.

Shannen Durphey wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, what prompted your original post?

I have an (in-line 4) Mini and a (flat 4) AlfaSud. I want to get
rid of their distributors by using a Hall pickup on the crankshaft
pulley.

I guess I shouldn't re-invent the wheel...

> > How available are these modules?

> Very.  They were used on US GM cars from the late '80s to the late
> 90's, and possibly still are.

What are these 4 cyl DIS modules called (part number?) What's a bone
yard price for 'em?  Are they reliable?

Peter.