Re: CarChat and cable ...

At 09:06 PM 8/26/00 -0500, you wrote:
>This may be a really stupid question but ...
>
>Can I use my diacom cable with CarChat??
>If not - where are the directions so I can make one?
>
>Tim

Haven't seen a schematic on the diacom interface, so I really couldn't tell
you if it would work.  If it uses the serial port, maybe.  However, if it
uses the printer port, no way.  Here's web site that has the schematic of
the interface that I use:
<http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/aldl/8192/8192hw.htm>

The only thing I changed was how the 12V Power was obtained.  I had
problems with my laptop driving the RTS and DTR lines hard enough to get 5V
regulated out.  I just took these out and got 12V from the vehicle system.
Works great..

Rob Berg