Re: dual tbi on a big block

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:21:37 -0400, "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp@bright.net>
wrote:

>> Ive read that a single gm ecm, like the '747 will not support
>> four injectors. Would the solution be to run dual ecms?
>
>Use another output stage with like 4 Cherry injector drivers, or cut some
>747s up for the injector drivers.
>Dual ecms is alot more complex then you would imagine.  Gar has mentioned
>this, but I don't know his scheme in how to share the sensors.  You just
>can't wire them in parralel.

I'll be happy to explain what we're doing with the parallel ECMs, but
I think it would be VERY much overkill to try to solve the above
problem via dual ECMs. Your suggestion Bruce to use an intermediate
driver scheme capable of driving the required TBIs makes alot more
sense (at least to me :).

If Dave Rhoads' driver board he's recently announced won't fit the
bill, not to worry; we'll (EGOR Tech) be fielding a massively
configurable INJ interface driver box (injectors only, not covering
IGN drivers like DR's) shortly, along the lines of what we discussed
here several months back. This "configurable INJ driver" box will be
capable of driving multiples of TBIs up to 4 in parallel, per box, and
it will even be possible to join two boxes together, so that should be
enough INJ driving capacity to hold just about anyone for the duration
(gawd, I HOPE SO! :). Probly be at least a couple more months before
these are available, so if the requirement is more urgent than that,
dunno whada tellya.

Gar