Re: still going lean

Yes the engine is in a 85 corvette 383,miniram motor.
A ZF with 4.10s
I would have to say thats its more sensative in any
little quirks or stumbles overa auto car.  You feel
every mis tune.
I am using diacom.
I usually keep the tps enable low say 3500up 25%.
Car is running high 11's
O2's look great for WOT(I know alot of guys dont like
reading from these)
Fuel pump is a high output bosch.
So Are you saying may be hard or not able to tune 4000
up above 70kpa.
I do have diacom traces if anyone wants to take a
look.

So tweaking the pumpshot may help.  I really never
tweaked with this.  I mainly run GMepr and didnt
notice a pumpshot thru this edit prog.

Thanks Dennis
--- Bruce Plecan <nacelp@bright.net> wrote:

> > just to touch base. I converted from a 870 ecm to
> the
> > 7730 speed density in the spring time. All went
> well.
> > I was running my 24 lb injectors at first and 2
> months
> > ago I swapped in some 36lbr's. The 24's were over
> 10ms
> > above 6000. so close to static.
>
> So this is not a stock engine, right?
>
> > Well I everything was decent but I am really
> trying to
> > fine tune the drivabilty.  Above 4000 its going
> lean.
>
> How are you determining this?
>
> > I set the TPS enable to 90% for all RPM rngs.s(so
> it
> > wont bump in open loop) .I also have the blm
> locked in
> > at 128.  I had my inj set to 34. wit hthis the car
> ran
> > decent ,WOT was right on but above 4000 leaning
> out.
>
> This is the way it's going to be as long as you
> approach WOT but staying in
> Closed loop.  Are you running Diacom?, or some why
> to monitor the commanded
> AFR.
>
> > Now for a while I had the TPS open loop enable set
> > like 20 % at about 3000 up so it would run good
> but
> > now I am trying to get it right.
>
> Stout engines might take a low TPS enable to get
> enough fuel for it to get
> along.  Remember the engine tells you what it wants,
> and then even off the
> edges to get the drivibility.  As a forinstance, the
> GN also has a fairly
> low TPS enable.  On the cross fire, I think most of
> them were 35%.  Tune to
> what the table allows.  On a mild engine, you might
> be able to **tune** to
> 90ish K/Pa..   Also want to monitor what the WOT
> K/Pa, a restrictive
> exhuast, and some seemingly good ones can choke off
> the motor.
>
>  I went from 34 to 31
> > and turned FP up to 50 and still goes lean the
> INT's
> > go up above 150.  My VE tables are maxed out up in
> > this area as well.
>
> Might just be out of Fuel Pump.
>
> > I though going from 24 to 31 injector would be
> alot
> > but maybe not . Should I go down another 2 counts.
> > saw in cats thers a pumpshot value , Is this sort
> of
> > like a accel pump?
>
> Exactamundo
> Bruce
>

>   Any  sugestions??
> > TIA
> > Dennis
> >
> > =====
> > Dennis Zacek
> > http://geocities.com/bowtie8

> > Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from
> anywhere!
> > http://mail.yahoo.com/

> gmecm" (without the quotes)
> [...]

=====