Re: '7730 and nitromethane

Can quickly run out of timing with nitro
Can take a bunch of advance to really get much out of it.
Distributor caps have a provision for just so much advance before the air gap gets too large.
Doesn't nitro settle out of gas?.
Think you just about have to use alky, dunno for sure.
And its how much a gallon now?.
Bruce
  Just my 2 cents

I am currently in the process of building a 377ci. SBC designed for bracket drag racing, and I am very interested in using a 93 oct. pump gas/15% nitromethane mix ratio for fuel. I know that one of the benefits of using nitro with gasoline is increased octane characteristics, including adding an oxygenate to the fuel, but I'm rather ignorant of the many other pro's and con's of using it. Engine management will be provided by a '7730 ecm and related harness. I wonder if the Bosch injectors will be compatible with such a fuel, in terms of sizing and magnetic winding tolerance to the fuel. I understand that due to the oxygen content of nitro,
(49.6% by weight) that more fuel will have to be administered/ms of pulse width than with conventional gasoline.

Does anyone have any contributable thoughts on this idea that may steer me in the right direction, or maybe know of some publication that explains the use of nitro as an auto fuel? Thanks in advance and looking forward to your comments.

Regards....

Phil Rickard- Engine builder/Tuner for Les Stanford-Pirate Racing Corvette C5R......Formerly with L.P.E.

.