Re: Cam Position Sensor

TK wrote:

> Well, it could be too much Sterno on my side, but I thought the 3.1L MPFI's
> had them in the dist hole and 3100 SFI's had them up front.

According to my parts catalogs, there was only ONE 3.1L (Gen II) that
had SFI and a cam sensor, that was the '93 3.1L with California
emissions used in the Pontiac Grand Prix, possibly others.  Fed
emissions for that year didn't get the cam sensor as they were still
MPFI.  The parts catalog says that particular engine, though, had a
special block with cam sensor hole.  The cam sensor was also the same
p/n as the 94+ 3100 SFI (Gen III).
I only have parts catalogs for W-body cars though, and the 3.1/3100 was
used in other body types so there may have been a special cam sensor
designed to replace the distributor plug on some other body type.

Shawn