reprogramming TPIS chip

Got a problem here that I remember someone batting around before.  I have a
couple of TPIS level 5 chips for 1986 Corvettes.  One uses the 32 mask the
other 32b mask.  I used Tunercat to make a few mods and ran a checksum.
After burning the new chip the checksum verifies.  Install and the car
sounds like it is hunting and the SES light flashes quickly off and on.
I've run into this before when I had a bad checksum, but that seems to be
OK.  Any ideas.

Dan Plaskett