To: GMECM
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2000 12:22 PM
Subject: ALDL data

What is an easy way to check to see if an ALDL port has any data coming from it at all (if it is wired correctly etc.)? I have a custom car I want to read the data from but a Tech 1 and a Tech 2 won't communicate (neither will Diacom). Anything I can check with a voltmeter? What about using the Diacom cable (parallel port) and some kind of software to see the raw data (if any exists)? I think I might also have a serial port ALDL cable (for some other software) that I could use.

BTW - the engine is a Cadillac Northstar engine with a 1994 ECM (I think it is ECM part number 16197429) and a custom harness (no Cadillac dash, no electronic throttle etc.).

Jason