Carbytes (was: scan tool progresss)

I've just started playing with Carbytes also,  so I'm no expert.  The first byte in the packet ($F4) is the destination address on the ALDL bus.  $F4 works for the 8051,  but I have to change it to $F0 for the '749.

I still have trouble connecting reliably with the '749.  I'll click on the aldl button 6-8 times to transmit the data request packet  ($F0, $00, $02) and it'll return the chatter packet ($F0, $55, $bb),  the 9th or so time it'll return the 63 byte data
packet I'm looking for.  I can click a few more times and get the data packet,  but it seems to loose sync and revert back to the chatter packet pretty quick.

Bill