Re: Prom Burner

Dan,

I bought a Pocket Programmer last week. I searched for a month and finally
decided this was the best for my needs. The PP works off a parallel port
which makes it a very portable device. The PP can also run as a DOS Window in
Windows  98. Some of the other burners have ISA cards that won't fit in a
laptop so those were out of the question for me.

You will need a double row pin header in order to read the EPROM in the
MEMCAL without unsoldering the EPROM (a major PITA). Take a look at the new
FAQ section in the GMECM and it will tell you where to get the header. I
bought mine at a local radio parts supply store (forget Radio Shack). As for
an Eraser, I have finally decided to build my own with a G15T8 ultraviolet
bulb and a standard 18" light fixture from Home Depot. All the Erasers I've
inquired about will not accept the MEMCAL. Check out intronics website on how
to build an eraser yourself.

John Wilson