Re: B Codes

Quick, someone put this information on the web site...

Dave Zug wrote:

> suppose I'll have to look that one up...

Originally from Ludis (posted a couple of times recently)...

> The voltage from pin 56 of the memcal selects the cyl number; this in turn
> is connected pin 13 of a 16-pin resistor network, which is under the knock
> sensor filter network.
>
> Voltage Conversion table:
>
> 0 to 1 volt 8 cylinder port, injection
> 1 to 2.5 volts 6 cylinder, port injection
> 2.5 to 4 volts 4 cylinder, port injection
> 4 to 5 volts any cylinder count, throttle body injection.

Seems to me you short pin 56 to GND to convert anything to a V8.
4 and 6 selection is a bit trickier, and depends on what you're
working from - Note: I have not done anything like this myself,
yet (?).

Thanks again Ludis for the original sleuthing...