Re: Macintosh Scantool Software...

reizner@enteract.com wrote:

> I've been looking for a while now and haven't been able to find any
> software that'll run on a Mac for tapping/analyzing an ECM.  [...]
> Carsten Meyer's 'ALDL-Monitor' [...] so I
> ended compiling it myself from the Pascal source in an emulated DOS
> shell.

Do you have Apple's MPW (MacintoshProgrammersWorkshop) development
environment?  If not, you can download it for free from one of Apple's
ftp servers.  Go to http://developer.apple.com/tools/ and follow various links.

The reason I mention MPW is that it used to come with a Pascal compiler.
 That compiler is now 5 years obsolete, but you can still download a
copy.  I just checked this yesterday.  I don't know if ALDL-Monitor will
compile in MPW Pascal - the original Pascal spec was worthless for real
world tasks and hence all real Pascal compilers are extended in various
non-standard ways.

It sounds like ALDL-Monitor runs in a command line environment.  If so,
you shouldn't have trouble running it in MPW because MPW provides a
command line shell.  This shell allows programs with Unix style I/O
(stdin/stdout) to run unmodified.