Re: TBI with TPI ecm???

Might want to get the basics done cold first.  747 is hac'd and a few guys
round here have played with them alot.
   Only option to get out of chips gmecm wise is with a flash pcm/ecm (?).
   Or use an emulator.
   There is alot to be said for using eproms, in that you have time to think
and record in your notes exactly what's going on.
   Notes can say weeks of small items missed,
Using the flash eeprom stuff all has it's place, but easier to learn to walk
first, IMO
Bruce

Dual truck TBIs/4 injectors is an idea for a future motor.
Right now the thought is to run one instead of the 747 on my crossfire
project.
Main reason is to try and get a better/faster output with more parameters
when using a scanner.

At what point did GM go to something that can be configured thru connection
rather than burning and swapping chips, and can they be used in a 2 injector
setup like the xfire?

Kevin R

> I did some short term testing with a 730, and a 749 running a TBI.
> Both in hot rodded v-8 things looked promising, just owners were into
> thinking one chip should work, and didn't want to spend the time working
> things out.
>   For a dual TBI I think the 749 would be more robust since it has run 4
TPI