Re: MAP sensor location

A solid mounting as close to direct manifold vacuum source as practical , FWIW ,TBI , wet manifold need a little distance to avoid getting fuel into sensor. TPI , MPI etc, Dry Manifold , close as you can get. Production locations vary per specific engine design , which are usually well placed in normal usage. Avoid snuggling up to an EGR feed orifice in plenum.
 Look at a TBI setup , then Look at an LT1.    These are suggestions.

  Len

Where is the stock GM MAP sensor location? I have mine mounted on the engine itself. I'm getting irregular MAP sensor readings when monitoring and I'm wondering if the sensor is damaged or being influenced by engine vibrations. Are there any caveats regarding mounting location/postion?

Thanks,

Scott