ALDL Cable

Does anyone know which cable to build for the 165? I seen the post for the one the other day for the 730? I was looking at a few on a couple web pages and find they are basically the same but each one uses some different components ( I am a Mechanical Engineer not Electrical so this stuff is sometime Greek to me). Also does anyone know where to get the male connector for the ALDL or what can be substituted?

The reason I am asking this is because I finally after a month of not playing with the 327 TPI Project have figured out the problems with the chip working on and off (turned out the solder joints where bad and would only show up when the EPROM was pressed a specific way). My Scan Tool only tells what BLM Cell I am using not what is in the Cell so I want to try some of this free scan tool software that tells me these readings before I go invest in Diacom or something like that (want to get the feet wet before I jump in head first).

I don't go down the same path as someone else and find out this one didn't work I should have used the other one. I would also like to build one rather than buy one just for the schmaltz factor and learn something new :)

Thanks guys
Todd