Re: Fuel Econ and Hiway Mode

I don't think he was implying that inert gasses aren't compressible,
just that...more gas volume (but not more petrol) + same cylinder volume  =
higher compression=better efficiency. (of course, that's assuming all other
things being equal...which they never are!)

Are you thinking that the EGR is in addition to the regular charge via pressure or something? EGR replaces an equal volume of charge. I don't see any change in pressure. I stand by my very-small-rocks theory.

Jeremy