Re: EGR disabled and Knocking

At 08:48 PM 10/12/2000 -0400, you wrote:
I disabled EGR (1b3 set to 00) on my stock '91 C2500 350/A4, 7747.   When I
took it for a test drive it knocked alittle during cruise and light throttle
accel.   Should disabling EGR cause it to knock?  I thought it would run the
same as with EGR on, seeing how EGR adds spark and removes fuel.

It should ping at cruise and light throttle... advances the timing and leans the fuel... 2 ingredients for knock... with EGR, it keeps it from pinging under those conditions.