From: frels@rosharon.camco.slb.com [mailto:frels@rosharon.camco.slb.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 1:20 PM
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: 730 ECM

At 11:55 AM 10/24/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I want a 730 ECM for my Trans Am but I don't know what all cars used the
>730.  Was it just V8 F-bodies from 90-92?  I don't think so but who knows.
>If I could get some models of vehicles that I could try to find at the
local
>junk yard.  I know they have shelf after shelf of ECM's.

The '730 was also used in Berettas, Cavaliers, and I believe some other
models. The MemCals in them are what adapted them to the different four,
six, and eight cylinder cars.

When you go to the junk yard they can tell you what the other applications
of the 1227730 ECM are via their Hollander manuals or software. I also
believe from what I have read from diy-efi that 16198262 is the direct
replacement for the '730.

Mike Frels