New Version of CarChat 2.2b

Just uploaded version 2.2b of Carchat to:

<ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/incoming/carchat22.zip>

The new version contains many new features -

User definable:
 Request commands
 echoing of requests
 # diagnostic data bytes expected back
 # response bytes
 checksum usage

Custom gauge placement and creations, byte definitions, and formulas.

The biggest change has been dynamic gauge creation and placements.  You're
no longer locked into specific gauges or where they are.  You can even edit
the display characteristics of the gauges.  I've also added capabilities
for detecting minimum and maximum values.  It should also be more generic
for different ecu's and diagnostic data streams, as long as rs-232 is used
as the communication medium.  I've included an $8D, 8192baud AUJP display
that's ready to use.  This is what I used during development.  If anyone
gets it to work on other setups, please let me know.

Remember this is still beta software, so I'm sure there's bound to be
problems somewhere.  Feedback greatly appreciated.

Oh, this is windows 95/98 software.  Untested on anything else.  Currently
doesn't work on ecu interfaces that steal power from the computer.  Use 12V
instead.

Enjoy,

Rob Berg