Re: Relocating IAT sensor?

Depends.
What corrections does you ecm use it for?.
On the 8D and 6E, All it seems to really do is enable the EGR.   So mounting
it in a cooler spot would min the EGR application.
On the Buick turbos, it is used for a timing correction.  So it might add
too much timing at too low of temp., and detonate.

Ya need to find out how it's used, and capitalize on that.

Might hook a scan tool to the engine, and take a 50K pot and a 330 ohm
resistor and with the 330 inline with the pot (sows, not to set a code),
swing the pot back and forth and see if there is a timing or fuel change.
Or in cruise, see if it affects EGR apply.
Bruce