Re: 730 ECM Swap

The thingy in the picture is a custom made up adapter for putting a 730
computer on a 165 harness.

If anyone finds one of these harnesses in the junkyard, I can list 2
people... one of which is probably in the hospital ;-) that it might belon
to.

Those are from various cavileers and GM trucks. The tricky one to find is
the yellow connector - otherwise you have to trim a ridge off another type
of connector. The picture shows one with the non-yellow improv. Mike's web
pages describe its construction. Info was gathered from alot of these good
helpful listers and the labor and testing and refinement (version 2 in
development) was done over a period of many months.

The ecm's are under the passengers dash. pull em down and snip (make sure
the yard isnt goin to kill you for ruining a $100 harness, they're usually
clueless) the 3 connectors as far up the wire as you can - at least 8-10
inches if you can do it.

UNfortunately the connector to the left side of the picture is actually a
de-solder from an ECM. Its where the harness plugs in. You muse destroy a
whole ECM (get one from a 4 or 6 cyl for cheap.. do not destroy a good
'165!)

So far I have not seen one on ebay, or in juggs or smellit performance
catalogs but I expect it will happen sometime.

Sorry mike if you went to bed already

Signed - Dave (Temporary Acting Mike) @;-)

http://www.cis.udel.edu/~davis/z28/