Re: Call for standards: EPROM/cal editing

Bruce,

I never intended to use you or anyone else for tech support anymore than a
technician uses this list as tech support for his employer. Anyone involved
in EFI as part of their career is ultimately making his/her employer money
from this list. Like I said before, if someone asks me how to reprogram their
own chip, I tell them what materials to buy and where to find the GMECM site.
But I'm not going to build them a harness for free, or fabricate the adapters
needed to mount a TBI to any manifold for free. If they want to build it
themselves, that's fine and I'll tell them how. Some people just don't have
the technical mind that GMECM listers have and they are glad to pay us to
help them out. I only use the tuning info to the extent that I can get a non
GM engine running on a GM ECM system and I'm indebted to you and others for
that info. I charge for a service, not for the info if someone wants it. I
will gladly contribute back ! to the list info that I have learned, but I
haven't as yet learned any info that I don't think the list already knows.
Eventually, when I have my Jeep completely done with all GM functions working
as designed I will write a website for the GMECM projects area, but until
then I have to spend all my time working on refining the Jeep. All I have
left is getting the knock detection and emissions controls working under
control of the ECM to make it complete. I use the kits I sell for the Jeep as
funding to further its improvement. Even if the knock circuit never works, it
is still a viable project that greatly enhances the drivability of my Jeep.

Later,

JW