Re: J N's MiniRam backfire

Replace the MAF with a piece of 3" PVC, or get the ducting from a later SD
car.   As for buying the parts/equipment, I think the conversion was pegged
a while ago at $100-$250 for parts depending on new or used stuff.  The
harness conversion is well documented both in the archives and on at least
one web site.

Aside from the removal of the MAF restriction, the main benefit is that you
can tune better since you don't go effectivly Alpha-N after you max the
MAF.    Driveablity is usually better too since there's a few more years of
R&D in the ECM itself.

No one's forcing you, just a suggestion since this has been gone over many,
many, many times here before....

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob@tecmark.com

At 01:52 PM 11/9/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>TS,
>Yes I agree with you on the logic with the 30 pound injectors.  I might try
>them to eliminate the possibility of faulty stock injectors.  As far as
>converting to a 730, there are other issues for me.  First I have to buy the
>equipment.  Then I have to learn how to convert it over.  Finally I have to
>start from square one and learn how to tune MAP systems.  I just don't want
>to tackle that now.  If I learn it I probably would like it better since
>that is a general consensus.  Then there is the physical intake tract.  Do I
>just leave the MAF dead in there?  Isn't part of the benefit of a speed
>density system to loose the restriction of the MAF?  I'm asking (read I'm
>not trying to be sarcastic).
>
>Thanks again for the help.
>
>Jason

<BIG snip here>