Re; ABS ALDL comms

Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 01:12:33 -0500
From: Dale Klein <daklein@netzero.net>
Subject: ABS ALDL comms

Probably a few people have done this before, but gee it was >fun. Running
in & out of the house with cables & computers & gizmos.
       I got to borrow a tech 2 today.
On my '95 Z28 LT1, I plugged that into the aldl port, and had >the laptop
also listening on the aldl.  I had the tech2 ask the abs module for >data,
and recorded the comms on hyperterminal on the laptop.

Does anyone out there have any info about abs module aldl
communication?  Even if it's just small caliber stuff like below >that'd be
neat. I'm thinking, (and have heard others thinking) that it would >be neat
to have your logging program (pcmcomm, freescan, carbytes, tts, palm
pilot!!!, or whatever) ask the abs module for front wheel speed.
Any comments or advice? (see the myriad questions below)

Just use vehicle speed there is a lot of logic to make it accurate under acceleration, cornering braking ect.

Rich V