V6 ALDL Communications

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble talking to my sunbird ( 1993, 3.1 V6, 7730, mask $88, BCC BATZ) The thing seems to delve into chatter mode, regardless of what I sent it. I'm fairly certain that I know the correct commands because the protocol is outlined in FreeScan. I send it F4, 57, 01, 00, B4 for the data stream but get junk back. It won't even respond to the end communications command F4, 56, 08, AE - just sends more crap.

I get these results with a few different computers and a couple of different cars. I believe other people on this list were having similar problems. Has there been any resolution to this? Anyone gotten a J or L - Body to talk??

Thanks

Jeremy