Re: V6 ALDL Communications

Actually I was having some success last night. Andrew pointed out that the ECM looks for the disable communications command (f4 56 08 ae) *before* it responds to the fixed stream request. By sending the disable command first I was able to get the fixed data stream, but the chatter wouldn't quit. I'll try sending the command to the BCM...

Thanks

Jeremy

The "end communications" command is usually sent to the Body Control Module
which usually has an id of $F1 so the command would/should be:
$F1,$56,$08,$B1.

I said should because it may not be the case in your situation - but its
worth
a try.

Cheers
Paul Blackmore

> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 00:39:21
> From: "Jeremy Gonyou" <jgonyou@hotmail.com>
> Subject: V6 ALDL Communications
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm having trouble talking to my sunbird ( 1993, 3.1 V6, 7730, mask $88,
BCC