Re: Ecm role expanding?

Gees , nothing new for GM, along with Temp and Rain sense windshields , sun load , tire pressure monitors , and HVAC , to name a few . PCMs have , OR, Are "taking over" , they've become "deterministic" as well. Vehicle lane position sense , built in "breath O Lizers ", Variable valve timing and 42 volts are soon to release.
    Look @ Saab Variable Cr engine for instance . Smart cars are here Now.
Phillips has some interesting Dev tools too. I personally yearn for simplicity !!
    Len

I was browsing thru Phillips site and drifted in here: <http://www-us.semiconductors.philips.com/news/content/file_624.html>http://www-us.semiconductors.philips.com/news/content/file_624.html

This probably is not new to some, but I thought it interesting. I don't really think the ECM will be taking over control of the headlights but its fun to think that some genius executive prolly suggested it.