Re: Ecm role expanding?

Point was , operator ability is being replaced by controls. The vehicle will then compensate for any human or social errors. ABS is safer than non ABS with respect to lockup an skid [said that]. I stick with my statement , Many folks should not be driving a motor vehicle . They are not focusing on operating the vehicle while using cell phones , hair dryers + other devices . How much can be afforded for the vehicle that does everything for non thinking humans ? Ya , I'm sarcastic about the complexity and costs involved , then being taxed by overzealous bureaucrats.
        Len

The thought that ABS brakes stop better than conventional brakes is False.
    It's that they don't lock up and skid. Perfect for folks who should
not be driving.

Personally, I have trouble modulating the brakes to 20% skid in a panic stop...guess I shouldn't be on the road?