Re: EPROM identification

If your programmer has more choices for 27c256 I'd try them first before
giving up.  FWIW, my Xeltek burns every 256k eprom (mixed brand/speed)
using a generic "27C256" setting without fail.

When you read the failed burn, is any data written at all?   Might be one
bad bit in the eprom that won't flip, so it passes the blank check but
won't write.  Seen that a few times.

If you're gonna solder in a new eprom, might as well solder in a socket
while you're at it.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob@tecmark.com