Re: EPROM identification

Ummm.......most modern EPROMS have "signatures" stored onboard which can
help you  (or a device) setup for subsequent reprogramming.  Does your EPROM
programming device have any facillity for "auto hardware detect"?   For
instance, with a Dataman S4, you can press a sequence of two keys, which
will configure the device according to the EPROM at hand, after
interrogation.

Bye.

> Ok,  now that I know what EPROM I have, I choose National EPROM 27(C)256
(5V)
> 32K x 8(?), and the burner says its programming, goes through counting up
> 7F00(?), and then says programming error after it appears to try and
verify
> the burn. At this point, I'm looking at having to unsolder the EPROM and
> solder in another 27C256 that I have had success with. Is it possible that
> fried the EPROM by changing the Vcc voltage higher and higher? The blank
> check comes back "erased" and the file can be read and edited although all
> bits are FF (erased).  Any prior and future help is greatly appreciated.
JW