Re: TPI Runner Question

Tim,
The 89's are MAF and they don't have the drivers side tube. Disable the cold start injector and use 89 code. Forget about the holes in the lower intake and IAC air, the 89 code will take care of it. It will work. :)

Wayne

From: timsiford@hushmail.com
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: TPI Runner Question
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:42:16 -0500 (EST)

>Wouldn't deletion of your coldstart valve avoid all that drilling?

Nope. Cold Start air if fed into the underneath of the plenum via a special
pasageway.  This pasageway feeds the driver's side 'special' runner tube.
 If the 'special' runner tube is not present then the IAC air NEVER gets
to the lower manifold.  He needs a way to vent the IAC air into the air
stream.  In fact, I ran into a very similar problem a few weeks ago when
I helped someone install new runners on their '87 Corvette.  He purchased
Hi-Flo runners that a guy had used on a '91 vette.  Well, the guy with the
'91 vette had blocked off this tube extra tube on the driver's side (and
rightfully so).  The guy with the '87 vette installed these runners WITHOUT
unblocking the IAC tube.  Can you say hard starts and really rought idle??
 We unblocked this tube and now all is AOK.

Tim