Re: EGR valve for SBC

   Early to mid 80s Carb'd used neg B.P. Egr's. Many aftermarket EGR Valves
have calibration "washers" that insert in the pintle end that match EGR flow to the engine profile, thus these valves are "tunable . The opening rate can be an issue , sometimes it needs to be restricted as to slow the opening rate to avoid a tip in stumble. BW and Standard have OE x ref #s, which may help.
   Len

When I built my 383. i just went to autozone and got an EGR valve for a
mid-70's pickup, because I figured they are all the same right? -- wrong it
has POS marked on it which is not piece o' $hit, but positive backpressure is
required to open the valve, of which I have none.  Does anyone know what
wells PN I can use with a standard SB aftermarket (specifically holley
300-64) manifold so I can enable my EGR.  I mean a real simple one, that
opens when vacuum goes to the port.

Thanks for listening to my electroyappin!
Ryan Hampl - a K-State Grad!  kasaryan@aol.com
139 Hoover Ct.                     Controls Engineer
Salina, KS  67401                  97 B12 / 93 chevy truck EFI 383
phone  (785) 825 5831
I'M ALWAYS FIRST TO THE GROCERY STORE!
http://hometown.aol.com/kasaryan/myhomepage/hotspot.html
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/kasaryan/myhomepage/hotspot.html";>Ryan Hampl
and his happenin' Hotspot</A> - updated 11/20/00