GM ECM transplant or fuel enrichment

Hello all,

I've been lurking here for a very short time. However, it seems a lot of
newbies are posting questions so I thought I'd chime in.

My cars of choice are VW's so ultimately I'd like to get inside the Digifant
and Motronic systems. Since no group exists like this one for these systems, an
alternative would be to transplant GM ECMs into these cars or use them as
enrichment computers (a la Haltech, Electromotive, etc.). The engine types I'm
interested in are 1.8L and 2.8L forced induction motors.

I noticed from browsing around the DIY-EFI pages that the LT3 came in a 1.8
turbo configuration, but I'm not sure what cars had this motor (yep, I'm GM
dumb since about 10 years ago, my bad). _IF_ TunerCat could program the LT3 I'd
be just about set (I think).

I'm browsing the archives but they're big and I'm slow. Thanks to anyone who
can point me in a direction.

Jon - [resume lurk mode]