Re: Nostalgia

Yeah... Been there.

A Trash-80 with a way-cool cassette tape, playing
Zork and writing BASIC code to automate that 300
baud modem so we could try to break into NDSU. Never
did, officially. ;)

Also logged a bit of time on the Timex... takes
a licking and just blinks at you.

Then on to 7th grade and a Apple II with dual floppy
drives (ooooooh), and hunting around for that code
patch that allowed you to defeat copy protection.
The "computer" teacher couldn't grade our stuff,
because she couldn't understand it. (She was a phys-ed
major)

Mmmm... then the IIgs... marvy. HRG, and work on a
a Pac-Man clone... in color!

Then a PC-XT, what a funny DOS this thing has.
Suffered
with that for a long time. Had a whopping 20M HD,
towards the end.

I can remember when rec.autos.rod-n-custom was fun,
and only had 30-40 posts a day. Unfortunately, it
didn't last too long...

Those, truely, were the days.

Later,
Dig