[no subject]

Hi Dig,

For those of you who are/have been working with the 8192 (high speed) ALDL commands, a question...
Have you experienced the same timing difficulties I have?

I have experienced timing problems with ECMs that "chatter".
But I have never seen timing problems with ECMs that do not
"chatter". By chatter I mean ECMs (and other modules like
BCM, ABS, SRS etc) that send information across the bus
spontaneously, without being requested.

In order to get things to talk (both from DOS code and VB/VC++), I've had to do some weird things with the timing of the ALDL request in
relation to the constant HB.

What do you mean by HB?

Also, Is it just my stuff, or does the data drop out a lot?

I rarely (never) see any data drop outs or checksum errors. Once the thing is configured correctly. By the way I am using Carsten Myers' max232 circuit: http://pweb.de.uu.net/pr-meyer.h/aldl.htm

Finally, has anybody been able to make Mode 2 work at all?

You bet, and yes I have dumped out "protected" EPROMS (hehehe).
It takes about 90 seconds using CarBytes V2.

You can get a copy of synchcom.dll which I think you should be able to call from your VB app which handles the ALDL comms. Source code is included. Good luck.

Get synchcom.dll at: http://www.users.bigpond.com/paul_blackmore/CarBytes%20Downloads.htm#ProbeSource

Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions, I'll help out where I can.

Cheers
Paul Blackmore