RE: Newbie question

I am getting ready to adapt a Geo Storm EFI system to an aircooled VW, I got most of it figured out except.

What is the best way to gain knowledge and understanding on the inner workings of this conversion.  From all the documentation I have gathered and read, I will need to reprogram, the EFI to work on my application is this true?

I mean really the swap is pretty straight forward, why reprogram if I don't have to.  The next thing is if it is a reprogram situation, can somebody point me to key areas to look and gather knowledge about how to go about this.  I really don't want to reinvent the wheel here.

Stephen Jacobs