Wacky idea to force Alpha-n on a SD gm ecm.. a silly idea for thoes with map woes

Sitting here thumbing through GMHTP magazine and their alpha N tuning
article from last issue a silly idea struck me.
Both the map and TPS have an idle output voltage of around a volt or so, and
a 5 volt reference. A Tps can be adjusted to reach the equivalent of 100kpa
of output voltage from the map at wot.. .
and so it hit me, why not do away with the map sensor and just run the map
return line power from the TPS return?
Isnt that silly?!
Granted i know youd give up a measure of driveability for varying
atmospheric conditions but think of the rumpety rump beasts that could be
tamed! .. Heck, i might even pull off a decent idle for free!
The only problem I see is under conditions with vacuum greater than idle..
IE deceleration

Again, forgive me if this has been covered, archives are down
and forgive me if this is incredibly stupid..  uh.. no excuse for that one hehe

Pablo