RE: Horsepower!!!

I found this in January Diesel Progress magazine.
The new Vortec 8100 is a refined version of the 7.4 L gas engine. The bore
is 4.25 inch but the stroke changes from 4.00 inch to 4.37 inch for 8.1 L
(494 CID)  The Vortec 8100 will have a rating of 340 HP @ 4200 rpm  torque
455 ft.lb. @ 3200 rpm. The engine has been extensively redesigned to
incorporate an internally balanced crankshaft, new heads with common style
porting. The fuel rail is not part of the manifold  and the throttle body
has been repositioned  on the intake manifold  to distribute air more
efficiently. New pistons have a shorter combustion height and tighter ring
pack. Exhaust manifolds are now cast stainless , a first for GM full size
trucks.

Also it looks like they have redesigned the small block calling it the
Vortec 6000  a 6.0L engine rated @ 325 HP @ 5000 rpm
370 ft.lb.@ 4000 rpm it is a redesigned version of the 5.7 L  (350 cid ) V8

Don