Re: 700R4 TCC Solenoid bad? (limited EFI content)

Patrick G. Moore wrote:

<snip>
> I don't know how to test a coil pack easily except to see if the
> resistance is the same on all coils.
This won't show burned insulation, which is probably the most common
DIS coil failure that I've seen.  Connecting a spark plug opened to
.100" in series with the plug wire and starting the car will put
additional load on the coil.  Be sure to test both plug wires, and DO
NOT touch the shell of the plug while the engine is running. : )
Shannen