Re: 700R4 TCC Solenoid bad? (limited EFI content)

Thanks Lyndon,

Programmer wrote:

> There's a couple things that could be doing this, I'll list them
> in order of removal to check <g>:
>
> 1. Ignition system problem
> 2. Misadjusted TV cable

I think I may have the problem solved. I replaced the HT leads and this
didn't make any difference. So I wondered what a "TV cable" was (sorry,
I'm more of a software type!) and assumed it is the  "kickdown cable".
So I looked at the manual to see how it should be adjusted - and made
a "few clicks" difference in the setting - I took it for a drive and
could not get it to "chatter" between lock and unlock modes! Problem
solved (I hope!) I really need a longer drive to be absolutely sure,
but where I could put on the brakes with constant throttle at about
95 km/h, and it would slow to about 85-90 before "chattering", I can't
get it to do this anymore.

Thanks again Lyndon, for stating that I should check all the obvious
things first. It is interesting though, that I have had the transmission
serviced (another name for changing the filter and trans. oil) and each time
I've mentioned this problem, and the service guy says they've never
heard of it, but then, they'll tell me there were "some flakes of metal
on the filter" - indicating that I should be prepared to spend a lot of
money on some unknown problem!

VN still has a bit of a miss under heavy acceleration, and a sulphur smell
occasionally, but at 205,000 km, it still has original oxygen sensor, and
other sensors have never been changed. I'm working up to try and swap the
O2 sensor without destroying either the sensor itself, my knuckles, or some
other body/vehicle part.

Thanks, to all who made suggestions,

regards, Peter.