RE: Cam tuning

Sounds like I've been adequately explained.  :-)  I believe there's also a
version of the Translator available for 93-up F-bodies; at least the last
one I put on for a guy had instructions for use on them.  The earlier TPI
F-bodies would seem to be out in the cold, although didn't the late TPI MAF
systems (88-89?) use a frequency based MAF as well?  If so, the Translator
could be made to work with them easily.

The other neat thing this system does is allow slight fuel adjustments by
biasing the transfer function of it's signal; it has switches to add or
subtract fuel.  It also allows timing adjustments by intercepting the ESC
signal and retarding/advancing it.  These strategies are fairly limited
though; no substitute for proper programming IMO.  I plan on converting to
MAP based DFI for my car this year, as the ECMs are becoming cheap used, and
I have access to pretty good "starter" fuel and spark maps for my
combination.

Bob Bailey may be a lurker here, or see Modern Muscle's web site for more
info; they're the distributors.

Kendall Frederick