Re: GM 4 cylinder DIS

For all the work to do that it would be alot easier in my book to >just do the ecm work, for ignition control. If you look at some of the timing maps (yes you'd have to download >the zip archives and hunt), but you'll see that it would take a TON >of work to get the same curves with anything else.

Alright, thanks for the reply. Another fellow has already done the setup with the microcontroller, and I was hesitant, knowing that the work was already in the ECM. I downloaded the archives last week and am a quarter way through them.

Slightly over a hundred, and with shopping right at.
Get a Needhams's and be done with it. You probably could get most >of you money back out of it from someone on the list if you quit.

Whoa! I think I was missing something, but last week I thought the talk was several hundred dollars for equipment. I don't have the emails in front of me now. If it will only cost me a hundred or two, then I'm all for it. A microcontroller on a board is already going to costs me $75 or more and I still have to program it. Again, I will check the archives and do more research. At least with the ECM, I would potentially have the option of going to FI when I felt comfortable with what I am doing.

You can do, just an ignition only ecm.   Then add the Fuel to it later
Grumpy

Hold off doing anything till your really sure of what you want to do.

Thanks again. I need to do some homework before I come back here again. This sounds very promising.

Jay