Re: Sensitivity of GM Knock Sensors

REMEMBER, the GM sensors are noise detectors.  So yes, you "can" have
detonation, out of the acoustic range of the sensor.  The only way to make
sure your not in to detonation (as far as practical) is using your scanner
and Reading plugs.  Plugs are you eyes into the combustion chamber.  All the
info you need is "readable" on the spark plug.   Get a good spark plug
magnifier, and watch for flea sized turds )on the center electrode) that are
black or silver.  If you see any, you got detonation.  Look for crud ozzing
out from aound the center electrode and porcelian (too hot of plug).
   All, the electronics in the world won't save you all the time....
   The higher the level of performance the more aware you have to be of
using ALL theTools available to you.
   If you already do this fine, but from the tone of the letter it sounded
like you want a guarantee, which for high performance work there ain't.
   Jus trying to be helpful, no flaming meant
Grumpy

> Thanks Bruce for the tip on using the 45 degree fitting to calm down the
KS